FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD to DVD (PC)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Tarroza
DVCPRO HD to DVD (PC)
on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:56:55 pm

Hello all,

A client is asking me to send them the completed video file to them which they intend to burn onto DVD and play on a television screen.

The sequence is natively DVCPRO HD 720p60. Choosing 'Export' with 'Current Settings' obviously gives me a DVCPRO HD encoded file.

I am trying to contact the client to find out if they have Final Cut Pro Studio installed on their end to be able to handle the DVCPRO HD file, though I highly doubt they do.

Just in case and for future reference, what would be the best way to export the file while retaining the original quality on my end so that they can easily burn it to DVD to play through a DVD player, no matter what program they are using to burn and whether on PC or a Mac.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: DVCPRO HD to DVD (PC)
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:07:39 pm

Pro Res would be a good choice and there is a free plugin that will allow any Mac or PC to playback the footage. That is they would need to be able to encode the movie to the m2v needed for a DVD

Return to posts index

Chris Tarroza
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:42:44 pm

Thanks Micahel.

I have FCP7 and I see a whole bunch of different options for ProRes. I just tried using Apple ProRes (HQ) 1280x720 30p 48kHz. It looks good to me but is there any specific one that I should use?

Clearly, I've been missing out on this whole ProRes talk as it seems to come up many times in these forums. Is there a good resource to look up the differences between the different kinds of ProRes, i.e. HQ, LT, Proxy, the-ones-that-don't-say-anything-beside-them (normal ProRes?), and 4444?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:42:21 pm

It is recommended by a lot of people to just use std ProRes vs (HQ). 4:4:4:4 is really for very specific high end needs. The new lower end option of LT would give you the same compression ratio as DVCProHD but unless you really need to save some drive space, ProRes is best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]