FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP disappearing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Carl
FCP disappearing
on Jan 13, 2010 at 3:18:19 pm

Recently I have been having an issue that whenever I hIde FCP (command-H) I can't get it to reappear again. I'll have to force quite FCP and reopen it to get it to show again. Has anyone else encountered this?
THanks.

running FCP 6.0.5 on Mac 10.5.6

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCP disappearing
on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:05:16 pm

Sounds like an OS issue. First run Disk Warrior (if you don't have it, get it) then repair permissions. You can trash FCP prefs, but I don't think it's a problem with FCP.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 13, 2010 at 4:47:49 pm

I wouldn't do that but let us know if you succeed, that would change my mind.
The refusal of a hidden application to return is common especially if it contains many windows or is stretched across multiple displays.

I get around this weird glitch in the MacOS by using Spaces or Exposé which are both much more fun that using Hide.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Matt Carl
on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:21:19 pm

Thanks for the input. I fixed this problem by resetting my layout arrangement in FCP back to standard (which is usually how I work). I have a feeling that maybe I inadvertently dragged a panel window a little out of place and perhaps it was overlapping with another window or off the screen in such a way that FCP or my OS did not like. Whatever it was, resetting my window layout back to normal seemed to do the trick and no I can make FCP hide and reappear to my hearts content all day long!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]