FORUMS: list search recent posts

'The Master Clip Is Not Present'

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Brooks
'The Master Clip Is Not Present'
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:31:24 pm

Hello,

I've just had this error come up: 'The Master Clip is not present, would you like to add a master clip to the browser?' When i try and find bin.

Is there a way to re-affiliate these clips with my nicely organized masterclips or is it a lost cause?

Thanks for any support on this, it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 'The Master Clip Is Not Present'
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:41:37 pm

If you organize things by having multiple projects, say your sequence in one project and the footage in another (which I recommend for some projects), then when you bring a clip from the FOOTAGE project into the SEQUENCE project, you break the clip affiliation. Because clips cannot be tracked across projects. So you will have to have it add the master clip if you want to match back. And if you are matching back to find footage near that clip, you are out of luck.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ryan Brooks
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:50:09 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for your prompt response! The clips are in the same project as the rushes, the only thing (I think) has changed is that the suite has been upgraded to 7.0.1. Also the sub-clips relink, its just the masters that wont, do you think there may be around this?

Arrgh!

Ryan.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 12, 2010 at 2:59:59 pm

Oh...I see. Hmmm...no idea why it is doing that then...

Trash preferences? But that doesn't seem like it would fix it.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ryan Brooks
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:22:53 pm

Unfortunately not!

Thanks though

Return to posts index

Henry DeMaio
on Apr 22, 2011 at 10:12:19 pm

I am having this same problem. All of the footage and timelines are in one FCP project file, no multiple projects for this video. All of my master clips are in my browser. The footage in my timeline was all taken directly from the master clips by creating in/out points and dragging into the timeline. Immediately, once the selection has been placed in the timeline, it somehow gets disconnected from the master clip. Just to test it, I give the "shift, F" function a try and I get the same old "master clip is not present..." error message.

It's a really strange and annoying glitch and I can't seem to find anyway around it. Anyone know why this is happening? I see the original query never really got answered...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]