FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble exporting on Final Cut Express 4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paula Zapata
Trouble exporting on Final Cut Express 4
on Jan 12, 2010 at 8:36:49 am

I've been having trouble exporting on Final Cut Express 4. I finished a wedding video that was recorded in HDV. I captured it in a small Cannon Vixia HV30 (CMOS) in 1080i (1920x1080). I've been trying to export it for several hours now and have been having trouble.

First of all, i'm used to working on Final Cut Pro (usually at school), so this is my first time using express and what i first noticed is it doesn't have option to export to Converter, which is what i would have rather done.

So i exported using Quicktime Converter. I'm using a MacbookPro and what i believe to be Quicktime 6 or 5. I tried downloading/upgrading to Quicktime 7, but being that i'm working on this project from someone else's laptop, i didn't bother with that.

So, i first exported it using the Quicktime Converter with the same HD 1920x1080, but that didn't even begin conversion. It froze immediately. I tried several times and then just did it in 1280x720, which froze again once it got to 7% completion. It also showed 12 hours. I finally tried converting it to MPEG-4 in 1280x720 around 10 o'clock. It's been four hours and has completed. But i opened it up and it looks terrible. It looks pixelated!

I don't know whether i should try exporting it as Quicktime this time or try it again as an MPEG 4 or what? I'm planning on using DVD Studio Pro after.

Any advice on what i should do? I'm supposed to have this in in the morning, in fact, it's already late because of the trouble i had with exporting it.

And is there really no option to export it so Converter from Express?

Thanks in advance!

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. ~Albert Einstein

Return to posts index

Paula Zapata
Re: Trouble exporting on Final Cut Express 4
on Jan 12, 2010 at 7:33:03 pm

I meant, 24 hours is what it shows. I also forgot to mention the video is ridiculously long--135min in length. I'm exporting it YET AGAIN. And this time i'm doing it quicktime 1080i60. Help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]