FORUMS: list search recent posts

Excess Luma Crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak Whiteman
Excess Luma Crashes
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:16:49 am

Dearest of cows.

Am colour correcting in FCP6, after a few minutes of using the excess luma tool the programme crashes. I often get a white or green screen on canvas and external monitor shortly before. This time its XDCAM footage, but I've had it happen with HDV material also.

I had a look through some other threads but found nothing related. Any ideas would be welcome, am getting a bit tired of the auto save vault, besides it reminds me of the garbage compactor in Star Wars (without Princess Leia in it).

Many thanks, Zak

FCP 6.0.6
OSX 10.5.8
2x2.26 Quad-Core Xeon
10GB RAM

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Excess Luma Crashes
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:53:16 am

Hi Zak,
The "Excess Luma/Chroma" and the overlays, are an extra burden to FC and the video card on play (this is why they should be off to ensure full quality on play), but I've haven't heard of crashes for this reason.
Mac Pro (mostly 8-cores) have been having lot of troubles to deal with HDV and XDCAM (hundreds of posts the last year), your issue may be related to this. Since the release of SL and FC7 it seems that things have improved.
I won't rcommend you to upgrade (haven't done yet here), but try to optimize your system with DiskWarrior or similar application.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Zak Whiteman
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:52:03 pm

Hi Rafael

Thanks for the reply. I'll see if Disk Warrior helps at all.

Laos looks nice by the way...

Best wishes, Zak

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:19:17 pm

Hi Zak,
I don't go nowhere without my Diskwarrior:-)
About this country, look at this:

Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]