FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick time mov on disk to large

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glidewell
Quick time mov on disk to large
on Jan 10, 2010 at 6:42:07 pm

I need to send a project to some one so they can work on it. I have FCP they have FCP. They asked me to send it as a quick time file on a disk, but I don't want to compress it, yet the content is to large 6 + GB. I exported the project from FC to compressor useing the prores 422. Do I just put it on a dule layer disk or what is the best way to do this.
THANKS.
Tim

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Quick time mov on disk to large
on Jan 10, 2010 at 7:17:47 pm

[Tim Glidewell] "Do I just put it on a dule layer disk or what is the best way to do this."

You can try a dual layer disk, but in my experience the people on the other end often have issues reading them, and so you have to do a do-over.

You bets bet is to either split the file and put on two DVDs, or put in on a cheap firewire drive and make sure the other guys know that you want it back ASAP.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Tim Glidewell
on Jan 10, 2010 at 9:19:40 pm

Thank you! I appreciate having a place to ask such questions and get a quick reply. THANK you.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 11, 2010 at 7:19:16 pm

You might also want to consider a flash drive of some sort. They can hold 64GB, and there are NO moving parts -- much more durable when shipping.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]