FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP text editor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cummins
FCP text editor
on Jan 10, 2010 at 1:45:16 am

I'm using FCP 7.0 text editor. I want to scale up text (from smaller to larger) during a transition. I can apply key frames on the Scale control for one text effect. Unfortunately the key frames settings apply globally to all my other text events, even if I have them on different video tracks. It appears FCP doesn't allow discreet key frames settings per track. I suspect I need to create each text treatment, export as a video clip and then drop into my time line? Or should I take the time to learn Motion?

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: FCP text editor
on Jan 10, 2010 at 4:13:48 am

Hey David

What you're describing is not at all consistent with the usual behaviour of FCP when keyframing motion properties where normal operation allows only for setting keyframes on a clip by clip basis ... there's actually no basic facility for changing keyframe properties on a track by track or global basis at all.

I'm guessing you may have some project or preferences corruption that's causing this inconsistency, so as a first step you might try trashing your FCP preferences (or restoring a previously saved set). A good and free tool for this is Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion.

Best
Andy

Return to posts index

David Cummins
on Jan 10, 2010 at 5:40:21 am

Thanks for the advice. I've never had much luck with the text editor so I found a workaround. I'm creating my text in Photoshop with a key and exporting as a tiff. This slow me down a tiny bit but at least I don't have to render out text in FCP. I can now use key frames to Scale and Rotate each clip with no problem.

I'm hoping some day Apple will offer a real-time capabilities for text and image controls. Maybe the next version.

Return to posts index

Alexander Kallas
on Jan 10, 2010 at 10:17:36 pm

You can do what you want in Motion

Cheers
Alexander

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]