FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for used FCS software . . . but where?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Oulashian
Looking for used FCS software . . . but where?
on Jan 7, 2010 at 6:00:33 pm

Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing some legit but used Final Cut software but all I seem to see on Craigslist is pirated stuff. I want to buy the real deal. Any ideas on where?

Thanks,

David Oulashian

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Looking for used FCS software . . . but where?
on Jan 7, 2010 at 6:07:58 pm

I see it on ebay once in a while, and appears to be legit. Just ask the seller if it is indeed a legitimate copy and that it's a RETAIL license. Can't upgrade anything but that down the line.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:08:39 pm

Make sure they are sending you the original disc and serial numbers.

One thing that some people do is to sell the back version that they have upgraded. FCS2 (after they install FCS3) understand that this is not legit, since that serial number is tied to the upgrade. Apple is one of the few big companies left that doesn't make its users jump throw hops to activate their software so this doesn't lock out the legal selling and reinstalling of the software. So we need to be honest with Apple and not sell/buy that may fit this category.

Understand trying to save a buck or two but FCS3 is pretty low for what you are buying and places like bhphoto.com have it at a discount, if you do any type of video work it will pay for itself quickly.g

Every now and then ebay does have unopened box stuff that you can save a couple hundred bucks on. Just be careful.

Return to posts index

todd reid
on Jan 9, 2010 at 5:00:34 pm

if you are looking to do some real, valid and professional video editing.....pay full price for a retail copy!!!!!!
This will allow you huge future discounts on upgrades (and is the only legal way to be able to upgrade).
FCS is very economic for what you are getting.
Buying used software seems a bit shady and you may open yourself up to many more hassles (fraud and upgrade scenarios), than its worth.

Todd Reid
Senior Editor
Digitized Media, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]