FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Issue: Removing channels 3&4 from qt files for iphone compression?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Compressor Issue: Removing channels 3&4 from qt files for iphone compression?!
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:14:24 pm

Hey friends,

Just curious about whether or not I can remive channel 3&4 from this HDCAM loaded quicktime movie - its a 2 hour piece which has static on channels 3&4 which i do not want included when i compress for iphone.

Right now i have it rendering out of FCP having removed channels 3&4 but it says it will take an hour to finish and I just cant seem to figure out how to remove those channels in compressor and leave 1&2 which has the proper mix on it.

thanks in advance

Sean

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Compressor Issue: Removing channels 3&4 from qt files for iphone compression?!
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:27:33 pm

Go to my site and download "qt Change"
It will remove 3/4 in the blink of an eye.
(and it's free)
Only worth the download if you have to do more than one clip, otherwise just use QT pro to remove the unwanted channels.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
Re: Compressor Issue: Removing channels 3&4 from qt files for iphone compression?!
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:31:54 pm

Hey Bouke!

can u explain to me how I would remove just 3&4 and leave 1&2 intact using QT Pro?

thanks

s

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:59:12 pm

In QT pro, go to menu Window
Choose 'show movie properties'

delete the tracks of choice....
(this is what my app does also, but it can do it in batch...)

Perhaps disabeling is good also, if it works you can enable them if needed.
Just toy with it.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pro's

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 6, 2010 at 4:30:05 pm

I don't think you can remove just a couple of tracks of 4 in Compressor during the encode...

so what you're doing is the way to go.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jan 6, 2010 at 5:02:07 pm

If it's in a timeline already, it's a no-brainer: just turn off channels 3&4 in the timeline, export a reference QT (i.e. not self-contained), and use the resulting file in compressor to turn it into an iPhone file.

Now, it's going to take a good, long time to compress the file, y'know....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]