FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 to DVCProHD layoff

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Conroy
FCP7 to DVCProHD layoff
on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:39:44 pm

Hi all,

I have recently upgraded to FCP7 and am in the process of getting everything back to normal. I am attempting to crash record a sequence to DVCPro HD using print to video. In the past, I would hit print to video, start the record on the DVCPro deck, and then hit "OK" to begin the record. Upon upgrading both FCP7 and my Kona drivers, I am welcomed with this message..."Incompatible compression settings. You may have attemped to output a clip with compression settings that do not match the current output settings. Try nesting the clip in a sequence with the correct settings."

Does anyone know what this message could mean? My DVCPro deck cannot generate timecode to tape, so Edit to Tape would be out. I am working in a DVCPro timeline, and everything is exactly the same as it has been in the past 3 years, so this is very interesting to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-Pat

Pat Conroy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 to DVCProHD layoff
on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:34:22 pm

Do you have any stills in the timeline? Are they CMYK and not RGB perchance?

What deck?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Patrick Conroy
Re: FCP7 to DVCProHD layoff
on Jan 6, 2010 at 2:51:25 pm

No stills at all. The timeline includes DVCPRO HD Footage, and Motion templates for our graphics.

The deck is a Panasonic HD1200A. The interesting thing is,I can play the timeline and layoff the tape that way, although that is not the ideal method, i.e. someone hits a button accidentally and ruins the layoff.

Anything you think I should try would be great. I am going to be messing with some settings in the meantime to get it working.

Thanks Shane

-Pat

Pat Conroy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]