FORUMS: list search recent posts

1280x720p to HDV tape

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Alstrin
1280x720p to HDV tape
on Jan 4, 2010 at 9:06:30 pm

Hello,
I have shot a piece on the HVX 200 at 720p I editing the piece in this timeline then used compressor to up res the file to Apple Pro Res 422 HQ 1280 x 720p.

I now want to create a HDV tape to send to a festival. Every time I try to create this tape it only records the audio and not the visual. I have changed my sequence settings so it is HDV 1080 60i then rendered the timeline.

Any thoughts?

thanks
chris

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: 1280x720p to HDV tape
on Jan 5, 2010 at 1:10:21 am

Bad workflow. HDV is the last thing you want to do.

A couple options, DVCPro HD QT file, ProRes File or h.264 file. You can always lay off your DVCPro HD Timeline to DVCPro HD tape or back to P2 Card (additional software required).

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chris Alstrin
on Jan 5, 2010 at 2:27:34 pm

Hi Steve,
I know HDV isn't good at all and it kills me to put it to this format but that's what the festival wants. They could do HDCAM which is what i would opt for in the first place but the cost gets overbearing after a few tapes and festivals. They seem to add up and next thing I know a thousand bucks is out the window. I'm just trying to be cheap here. They said they will take a Quicktime file but still want a tape as a backup so I'm hoping this will only be the backup.

That being said do you have any clue how to get this onto an HDV tape?

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Jan 5, 2010 at 5:13:19 pm

chris are you using the JVC BR-HD50U deck?

thats the only way you will make that happen.

Return to posts index

Chris Alstrin
on Jan 5, 2010 at 6:07:09 pm

No, I'm using a sony deck that only allows 108060i. Pretty Bush league for sure. I now know why I didn't buy an HDV camera. This stuff is ghetto.

Chris Alstrin
http://www.alstrinfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]