FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Render Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connie Simmons
FCP 7 Render Problem
on Jan 3, 2010 at 1:32:42 am

Hi. I am trying to render a Clip (from Sony Cinealta F900 camera captured as 1920 x 1080i Pro Res HQ) in FCP7 sequence, with HDTV settings. I am getting weird render problems which I never had when I edited this in FCP 6. After rendering, one clip has one frame which suddenly shifts color to become vividly colored and one clip has a glitchy pixelation in one frame only.

In sequence settings I have tried selecting render as best quality and then deselecting it.

I think I fixed it by creating a new project, reimporting the clips with the problem renders, deleting all of the render files from the Render manager, and rerendering. If I tried any of these steps without the others the glitches reappeared.

Anyone have these problems or know why they happened so I can fix that?

Thsnks and Happy New Year to everyone!

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: FCP 7 Render Problem
on Jan 3, 2010 at 4:39:43 am

This happens from time to time with ProRes HQ when it's used for projects of 1080 or smaller. This is why ProRes is recommended for these projects. HQ is designed for formats larger than 1080.

We only edit in ProRes for all our HD projects.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Connie Simmons
on Jan 3, 2010 at 6:07:02 am

Hi, Walter! Happy New Year - sounds like you've been busy! The strange thing is - for the past 2 years I had been editing my entire series the way I described using Pro Res HQ for the HD footage and I had never had this problem. When I upgraded to FCP7 it occurred.

I thought that Pro Res HQ was designed for your basic HD 1920 x 1080i footage. For what formats have you used it?
BEst, Connie

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 3, 2010 at 2:25:21 pm

[Connie Simmons] "I thought that Pro Res HQ was designed for your basic HD 1920 x 1080i footage. For what formats have you used it?"

You can search this forum for Gary Adcock and ProRes HQ as he has done a great job explaining the differences between ProRes and ProRes HQ. We have seen the exact same green artifacts both in renders and captures using ProRes HQ for 720 and 1080i and even 1/2 resolution captures when using HQ.

ProRes is all we use for all our HD editing and we have had precisely zero artifact issues. The only application that seems to work fine rendering regular HD to ProRes HQ is Color, but even there we don't bother, we stay with regular ProRes all the way through the process since both codecs are 10 bit.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 3, 2010 at 4:46:11 pm

First to wish a happy New Year.
I have to dissent on the reading of the Gary's article about Prores SQ vs HQ.
Gary clearly states that in "hardware process" Prores HQ starts to degrades after 50 renders, while Prores SQ starts to degrades just after 10 passes.
Gary says that he observes better "playability" of HDV or XDCAM footage when transcoded to SQ than to HQ but when done IN SOFTWARE.
Nowhere he mentions that SQ is more recommendable than HQ for any purpose or for any frame size.
Cheers,
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Connie Simmons
on Jan 4, 2010 at 5:55:42 am

Dear Walter - Thanks for the tip on the article. Interesting. Is your FCP7 slower that 6 - mine is really haveing problems.
BEst, Connie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]