FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help! FCP Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Doritan
Help! FCP Rendering
on Jan 2, 2010 at 4:51:42 pm

Hey there all,

This is totally random to me, I'm pretty new to Final Cut but what I'm about to say makes no sense what so ever. I've edited my clip how I want it and it plays back perfectly in the timeline. Now when I render it out and play it back in say QuickTime the clip appears different, certain scenes aren't in the right place.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks in advance.

James

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Help! FCP Rendering
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:20:26 pm

What media type are you editing?

BTW, in the future, please try to help us to help you by giving us this type of information so that we can provide you with answers rather than questions.

Thanks...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:22:52 pm

I'm not sure on the media type, it's a HD video capture that is 960 x 720.

I've attached the Sequence Settings below if that helps

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:43:29 pm

More questions:

Your sequence settings don't tell me what the media is, only how it's being edited.

Look at the original clip in the FCP browser and keep going to the right until you see the clip info that specifies the codec of the orginal.

Did you capture it?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:47:17 pm

What do you mean keep going to the right of the original clip? Yes I did capture it aswell.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2010 at 7:04:57 pm

[James Doritan] "What do you mean keep going to the right of the original clip?"

The browser has tons of information if you keep scrolling over to the right.

[James Doritan] "Yes I did capture it aswell."

Please tell me what camera you used?

Also, when you created your sequence did you setup the seq. settings or did you drop the media on the timeline and let FCP match your seq. to the media?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 2, 2010 at 7:06:55 pm

I don't know where to find this browser.

Yes I did let FCP automatically match my settings when I dropped the media on the timeline.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2010 at 9:36:36 pm

James my freind, you've got to learn the FCP terminology...

Below is the FCP Browser, and I've scrolled right to show you the media type or codec, which is listed in the "compressor" column.

Since you captured yourself and dropped in the timeline and let FCP match the settings to the media, we know that indeed your codec is DVCProHD and your seq. settings are correct. So onward...

You should do the following:

1) trash your preferences (there are a zillion posts here that tell you exactly how to do that, but even better is Rich Harrington's Cow tutorial at http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1032349

2) Make certain that "Full" is checked in the Render All dropdown menu, re-render your timeline.

3) Export a self contained Quicktime Movie using current settings - creates a QT file identical to your timeline in every way.

4) Use QT or Compressor to encode to another format for Web or DVDs.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 3, 2010 at 4:30:33 pm

David thanks for everything I've done all you've said in the above but it's still rendering out the same.

It's almost like there is hidden video being rendered, but shouldn't FCP render out what I play back in the timeline, this is so weird, it looks like I may have to re edit the whole thing again :(

Is there any chance that I've got some video being hidden, but when I render it becomes visible?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 3, 2010 at 5:24:24 pm

Try deleting your render files (Including the "Constant frame") and export a short clip.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 3, 2010 at 6:15:25 pm

[James Doritan] "Is there any chance that I've got some video being hidden, but when I render it becomes visible?"

James,

How are your clips named? Are they by any chance all named "untitled?"

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 3, 2010 at 6:18:59 pm

I think some of them were named the same actually, but on different drives. One on the my internal HDD was called "PixelJunk0" and another on my external HDD was called the same.

Return to posts index

James Doritan
on Jan 4, 2010 at 1:10:52 am

I've re-installed FCP, deleted my FCP document and started over from scratch. Re-named all the clips different names so there was no confusion.

It's still doing the same damn thing! I really don't know what is up with this, if it plays back in the FCP browser how I want it too then why is it rendering out different clips that aren't even present in the timeline.

If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

James

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jan 4, 2010 at 10:20:22 am

Run DiskWarrior in your System and media HDs.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]