FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aurora igniter

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reuben Zuazua
Aurora igniter
on Jan 1, 2010 at 9:32:55 pm

I have some questions regarding this but that forum is Dead. What should I do?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Aurora igniter
on Jan 1, 2010 at 9:54:38 pm

Unfortunately the product line is dead too. Most of us who had their products switched to AJA a long time ago.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:35:53 pm

The "Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post link has a QT movie on it put it doesn't play for me. QT logo with question mark. Is he file missing or the codec something I don't have?

Thanks.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:59:42 pm

It plays here, but I've been having nightmares about it ever since I first saw it. Eight foot long worms in HD burrowing through the human body and being pulled out slowly is just a tad tough to stomach.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 1, 2010 at 11:43:23 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "Eight foot long worms in HD burrowing through the human body and being pulled out slowly is just a tad tough to stomach."

3 foot at maximum length though there have been people documented to have as many as 60 worms in their body at the same time. Looks even better on 10' and larger projection screens.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jan 2, 2010 at 5:18:19 pm

David is correct. This documentary makes horror movies like "Saw" look like kindergarden. I don't know how you sat thru the raw footage - I guess you get used to anything.

As for the Aurora, and your old G5, get a crowbar, stick it in your wallet, and buy a used AJA or Blackmagic product (for your PCI-X computer) on ebay. It will pay for itself on your first job.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 2, 2010 at 6:06:35 pm

[Bob Zelin] "David is correct. This documentary makes horror movies like "Saw" look like kindergarden. I don't know how you sat thru the raw footage - I guess you get used to anything."

Believe it or not, you do get used to it. I've been working with this material about 3 years now and quite honestly, this is not the worst of it. I think the Trachoma documentary coming up later this year is actually worse...... :-)

On the other hand, it makes me feel proud to be part of the team bringing these situations to the public eye, especially since this particular disease can be eradicated from the face of the earth using very simple methods. Definitely not for everybody for sure, but it's been an incredible set of projects and we'll have more information in the coming months......

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
on Jan 4, 2010 at 7:39:19 pm

David et al

Believe it or not, you do get used to it

I concur. I worked on a video once about open beating heart surgery, where the heart is kept beating while the surgery is performed. The thought of it had me worried, but when i started working on it it was no big deal.

The first thing i thought was just how cool it was to see the human heart like that. truly awesome! (it was also kinda scary to see all the fat surrounding the heart tissue...lower cholesterol, anybody?)

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 2, 2010 at 7:56:20 pm

As usual, I agree with Bob. You should be able to find a used Kona 2 for around $400 with the breakout box. Your Igniter can only do SD, a K2 will do HD as well.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 1, 2010 at 11:38:47 pm

[Tom Wolsky] "The "Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post link has a QT movie on it put it doesn't play for me. QT logo with question mark. Is he file missing or the codec something I don't have?"

Standard H.264 codec. Just clicked it and it plays here. Maybe refresh your browser?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Creative Cow Forum Host:

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Reuben Zuazua
on Jan 7, 2010 at 1:28:22 am

I only have a G4 800mhz... So I was looking for a little something. If everyone suggests the Kona 1 cards , then make me an offer. Ive been offered the Igniter with BOB, and a CineWave card...
Call
Reuben

Reuben Zuazua
After Hours Production
graFX Artist
indie@afterhoursproduction.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]