FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 importing problems on just a single clip????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike wavrecan
P2 importing problems on just a single clip????
on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:22:15 pm

Hello,
Fairly new to P2 footage. Work with the SxS cards and tape on most or the projects that come through. I've got three cards of P2 footage. I have them in three separate folders on my hard drive. I went to log and transfer and started transferring all the clips on my system.

Everything made it over fine except for about ten clips. They all had a red exclamation point in the status box of the log and transfer window. I'd right click and select "Retry" and they all started to transfer, one by one. Except one clip. I have tried everything to import this clip but nothing is working. I can preview it fine in the window, and have downloaded the Raylight demo and it comes in fine from that program but for some reason it isn't coming in through Final Cut. The one thing that I noticed with that clip is that the Media Start time is duplicated on this clip and another for some reason??? The clip length is 5mins also and so its timecode would technically be on other clips as well.

Has anyone ran across this before???

I'm running FCP 7.0.1, 2x2.8 Quad Core Intel with 8GB of Ram. The clip is going to an external sata enclosure with plenty of room left on the drive.

Thanks for any insight as I'm completely lost on this one.
Cheers,
mike

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 importing problems on just a single clip????
on Dec 29, 2009 at 11:30:41 pm

Try turning off the remove redundant and advanced pulldown option in the Log and Transfer Prefs.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Matthew Miller
Re: P2 importing problems on just a single clip????
on Jan 5, 2011 at 6:19:13 pm

This same issue still persists with me. I've done everything discussed here and no luck yet. I have even gone so far as to try breaking up the clips in the video file. I have gotten the first 10 minutes to transfer over but it seems there is corruption in the mxf files that come after it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right ~ Henry Ford

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]