FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arty Gold
Slow Motion
on Dec 29, 2009 at 4:45:17 pm

Happy Holidays !

Ok now i'm exhausted...the last few days we've been trying to figure out the slow motion stuff between the fs-100 and the hvx200

we have all up-to-date firmware etc.

shooting the camera at setting of 30p
and the fs-100 at quicktime pn
in filmcam mode
have shutter at 180

will not play back in slow mo
when i bring it in to fcp it's at 60 frames per second

so the only way i can figure it out is to use the downconvert plugin in final cut pro

is this the right way ?

i mean it seems to work but this seems like it should just work without me having to do this ?

any help would be appreciated !

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Slow Motion
on Dec 29, 2009 at 6:01:02 pm

The camera needs to set to PN. When your camera is set to 30p, it is always shooting 60 frames.

To really test, I would use P2 cards, they are quite inexpensive these days. To achieve undercranking, you need to set your frame rate between 32 to 60 frames.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Slow Motion
on Dec 29, 2009 at 9:45:32 pm

No idea what those numbers mean, not everyone here knows every one of the thousands of video cameras that have ever been made. Mfr and vintage would help, especially for those of us who refuse to bother to keep track of anything other than our own machines.

180 is the shutter angle, it controls the motion blur, not the number of frames.
Shooting slow motion is a question of OVER-cranking, not under-cranking. You must shoot more frames per second than your intended playback video system supports. I have no idea if your cameras will do that. Open the manuals to find out.

If you can shoot 60 frames per second and drop it into a 30fps sequence, it will look great played back at 30. It will look normal if you put it into a 60fps sequence.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]