Final Cut 7 Back Up
on Dec 29, 2009 at 3:26:47 am

I have a question about backing up with media manager:

Below is what I selected...
Copy
Include render files
Duplicate selected items and place into a new project
Include nonactive multiclip angles
I selected the back up drive as the media destination. The total file is 765 GB.

It created two folders Media and Render on the back up drive. But, where is the project file saved?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Final Cut 7 Back Up
on Dec 29, 2009 at 6:39:13 am

[Randy Donaldson] "It created two folders Media and Render on the back up drive. But, where is the project file saved?"

Typically the new project is saved in the root directory of the drive to which you copied all else.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Randy Donaldson
on Dec 29, 2009 at 7:58:11 am

Hi David, thanks for responding!
This is my second attempt and the project is still nowhere to be found. Should I manually copy the project from one drive to the next or will my media be disconnected?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 29, 2009 at 6:57:51 pm

After copying the project FCP automatically opens that project, so it should be listed in recent the "Recent Projects" menu. Open it, then hit Save As, but don't save, just see where that points you, that will be where the file resides.

The other solution is to search for all .fcp files using the spotlight function in the Finder. That will point out every project file on your computer, then highlighting the correct file will give you it's location on disk at the bottom of the Finder window.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]