FORUMS: list search recent posts

Print to video on FCP 6.0.6 not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jicky Ferrer
Print to video on FCP 6.0.6 not working
on Dec 27, 2009 at 5:24:52 pm

I can log and capture from a Sony DSR-11 but when I attempt to send a finished product back via Print to video I get the audio but no video. I've tried each of the settings on easy set up, changed the firewire cable, changed from DV SP to DVCAM, changed the firewire port and changed the record device to a PD-170 none of these fixes work on my 4 x 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5 using FCP 6.0.6. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Print to video on FCP 6.0.6 not working
on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:15:20 pm

The usual cause of this problem is that your sequence is not actually DV. Beyond that, and since we're not looking over your shoulder, there is nothing in FCP or even your Macintosh that will prevent your DSR11 from seeing and recording your DV signal via Firewire.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Jicky Ferrer
Re: Print to video Found a Shane Ross solution that wrked-Thanks
on Dec 28, 2009 at 12:08:52 am

Re: Print to Tape
by Shane Ross on Jul 24, 2008 at 7:30:23 am

#8 External Monitor Viewing.

Shane's Stock Answer #8: External Monitor Viewing

If you are working with DV, this is simple. First connect your computer to a camera or deck via firewire, Then connect the camera/deck to your TV/monitor via RCA or S-Video.

Then start up your camera and TV, then open FCP.

Go to the View Menu, choose > External Video > All Frames
VIEW>Video Playback should be “Apple Firewire NTSC” (If you are using an NTSC set)
VIEW>Audio playback should be “Audio follows Video”

Technically, this should send synched video to your TV

If for some reason you can't view your timeline on your external monitor, there are a few things to try:

1) Make sure that the camera/deck is connected and powered on BEFORE you open FCP.

2) In the Final Cut Pro menu select AUDIO/VIDEO Preferences and make sure your signal is being sent out thru Firewire DV.

3) Go to the menu and select VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES.

4) Click in the % box above the image and select FIT TO WINDOW.

5) Go to VIEW->refresh A/V devices

6) Make sure the Log & Capture window is closed

If you want it to play in both the canvas and the external monitor you need to go to the FINAL CUT PRO menu and select AUDIO/VIDIO settings and make sure MIRROR ON DESKTOP is selected under the A/V DEVICES tab.

If you are working with HDV footage, FCP 6 allows you to view this via firewire, but ONLY as downconverted DV. It won't look the best, but you can see it. To do this,

If you need to view any format other than DV at full resolution, then you need to look into capture cards. Several standard definition and high definition models are available from http://www.aja.com and http://www.decklink.com. With these options you'll need a proper monitor to view full broadcast colors, but all models allow for realtime standard definition downconvert, allowing you to view HD on an SD monitor.

The Matrox MXO is another option that is output only, but allows you to view your footage on an Apple Cinema Display at full broadcast quality.

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]