FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP quits unexpectedly issues after new HD is installed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Stephens
FCP quits unexpectedly issues after new HD is installed
on Dec 24, 2009 at 7:50:18 am

Hi,

I have Final Cut Studio 3 and I use a Mac Book Pro system I got in 2006.

I upgraded just about a month or so ago and was editing, working on my projects and everything was great. One night my computer locked up.. i shut it down and couldn't get it to open up.. So i took it in, they said the HD crashed and cloned all the information to the new HD they put in the computer.. as soon as I check it I couldn't open any of the final cut pro applications. I click on the applications and up pops a window saying FCP quits unexpectedly..

so agter a few days of frustration, I call APPLE.. we spend hours on the phone uninstalling and reinstalling FCP.. it didn't work.. then we tried uninstalling everything again.. then reinstalling Snow Leopard.. then reinstalling FCP.. nothing.. same thing..

then we went to disk utility.. tried repaird the permissions and there was one file tat came up called the SUID File.. it said that file was NOT going to be repaired.. What does that file mean?

Anyway, everyone else says to wipe the computer clean and start from scratch.. but the problem.. over the years since 2006, I lost some CDs, ..the microsoft word, keynote, pages, iphotos, etc..etc.. a few applications, i have no way to recover those if I wipe it clean...

so what do I do now..? I need to finish my projects and I can't get the applications to open.

email me.. or whatever ... I need help.

thanks

Brian

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: FCP quits unexpectedly issues after new HD is installed
on Dec 24, 2009 at 6:34:23 pm

There is no way of getting around the situation you find yourself in. You will not be able to solve this except by zeroing out (note this is not the same as merely erasing) the drive and reinstalling everything from scratch, it's known as the Scorched Earth Conundrum.
The applications for which you have lost the installers are gone forever.
You could obtain any of several disk repair utilities and let them churn for a day or two. Might work, Might not. Probably not. Your Mac service people should never have cloned the drive. How could they if it was damaged? All that did was move all of your damaged files to the new machine. They should have known better or you have misunderstood what they actually did. FCP cannot be resurrected easily from a copy or clone and a damaged clone is just insane.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]