FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making an object disappear - by color maybe?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dexter Genrard
Making an object disappear - by color maybe?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:25:49 pm

Hello,

I am new to Final Cut and was wondering if/how it is possible to do this. Basically, let's say I want a cell phone to lift in the air by itself. Is it possible for instance to wear green gloves, and use a technique similar to chroma-keying (or any other way would be fine) in order to make it disappear?

If not, is it any way to achieve any similar effect without using 3D software or just...a thin rope?

Return to posts index

Trevor Ward
Re: Making an object disappear - by color maybe?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 2:56:03 pm

You can use fishing line. The problem with a green glove will be if you key out the glove, you will have black in its place. You'd have to have a background plate shot, basically the same scene, and you'll have to be locked down on a tripod.

Even with the string, it'd be a good idea to shot a background plate (the scene without the actors or the phone in it) in case you need to do a wire removal of the string.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Return to posts index

Dexter Genrard
Re: Making an object disappear - by color maybe?
on Dec 22, 2009 at 3:03:25 pm

Fishing line seems fine for basic things but, for more "natural" movement, if I chose to make a background plate shot...I don't quite understand, how is it supposed to be? A shot without people nor the phone...so I shouldn't be grabbing the phone, but lifting it from downside, right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]