FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP upgrade grief

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Raymond
FCP upgrade grief
on Dec 22, 2009 at 12:57:03 am

Trying to upgrade from 6.0 to 6.0.6 When I downloaded 6.0.6 and tried to install, it said I would have to upgrade from 6.0.5
so I downloaded 6.0.5 and got a .dmg icon on the desktop that read "Pro Applications". I went through the install, but I can't find the icon anywhere for FCP 6.0.5. And when I again tried to install 6.0.6, it again said I needed 6.0.5
Any help and assistance much appreciated.

Steve

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP upgrade grief
on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:27:10 am

Did you do this running Software Update? Is Final Cut Pro correctly named in the Applications folder?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Steve Raymond
on Dec 22, 2009 at 1:50:42 am

Thanks Tom.
Originally went to the Apple site, and downloaded Pro Applications Update from there. Then went to Software Update and downloaded Pro Applications from there. Same result both times: can't find the icons and when I tried to update to FCP 6.0.6, it tells me I need 6.0.5

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 22, 2009 at 4:48:39 pm

Why are you downloading manually instead of amply running the Apple update utility?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]