FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to do when Multicam source loses timecode?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Thomas
What to do when Multicam source loses timecode?
on Dec 21, 2009 at 7:49:37 am

Thanks to the help on this forum, I was able to successfully do a few half hour multicam segments. But I ran into a problem;

I am using 3 angles - 1 from P2 footage, and 2 others from betacam. I digitized the betacam with the same codec as the P2. Then I set in-points on all 3 clips to sync them up for multicam.
The multicam segment I made was going fine until about 20 minutes in when I noticed the sync was WAY off. What had happened was that one of the betacams had paused between scenes (it was a play we were shooting). So, it went out of sync.
That's fine , I thought, since it was a nice edit up until the time it went off. So I figured I'd reset the in-points of the 3 clips and make a new multicam segment. But when I dragged that NEW multicam segment onto the timeline, the audio and video were WAY off. So much, in fact that the audio wasn't even under the video! It was way off to the right of the video.
The only thing I could think is that it was somehow connected to the original multicam segment I had created.
So, since that didn't work, the only workaround I could think of was to export the sections I needed from all 3 clips and make a new multicam segment from those NEWLY exported clips.
I haven't tried this yet, so if there's any better advice, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks all,

Bill

Return to posts index

Bill Thomas
Re: What to do when Multicam source loses timecode?
on Dec 21, 2009 at 9:06:57 pm

Anyone?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]