FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cinema Desktop Preview for 2nd montior disappeared

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Kelly
Cinema Desktop Preview for 2nd montior disappeared
on Dec 19, 2009 at 11:53:13 pm

FCP7, Snow Leopard, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120, dvi to main monitor, mini dvi to second monitor (panasonic 50" viera via Sony receiver).

Worked till a couple of weeks ago - I occasionally had to restart the computer for it to show up again.

Last week wouldn't show up at all. Today I installed Snow Leopard, reinstalled FCP, unplugged, restarted etc. Nothing. The only option I get is Cinema Desktop Preview - Main.

My second monitor works fine as a second monitor. Mirrored, not mirrored. Just the preview option seems to have gone.

I've combed the forums pretty well and can't find anything I haven't tried. Thanks anyone for your help!

Rob

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Cinema Desktop Preview for 2nd montior disappeared
on Dec 20, 2009 at 1:02:38 pm

You really need a box or card which will feed that monitor. Depending on the material you edit (HDV or ProRes or whatever) will determine which product you need to buy. This starts around $500... and goes up from there.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Joel Peregrine
on Dec 20, 2009 at 6:40:43 pm

Hi Rob,

I've had Cinema Desktop get flaky too occasionally. Have your trashed your FCP preferences? Seems to work for me. Is it possible to bypass the receiver and go directly to the monitor, even if just as a test to see if that is the problem?

Wedding Films
YouTube Channel

Return to posts index

Rob Kelly
on Dec 21, 2009 at 4:17:58 pm

Thanks guys - yeah, tried trashing prefs.

I was hoping to avoid getting an AJA card as I had been getting away with the desktop preview which was good enough - I generally only use this system for client approvals.

Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]