FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor: Any way to batch remove FCP project from filename?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Adams
Compressor: Any way to batch remove FCP project from filename?
on Dec 19, 2009 at 7:28:40 am

I'm fairly annoyed with the way Compressor handles filenames. It chooses to add the FCP project name and the settings preset name to the output filename. The only way I have found to avoid the latter is to create a destination preset, which is also annoying, though not as annoying as manually renaming 30 files. However, I can't seem to find a way to avoid having the output files named after their FCP project.

Am I missing any obvious way to deal with these issues? I just want the files to be output according to their shot name in FCP. Nothing else.

-Brandon

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Compressor: Any way to batch remove FCP project from filename?
on Dec 19, 2009 at 8:50:14 am

did you try FCP's simple Batch Export option?

Return to posts index

Mike O'Connor
on Jan 7, 2010 at 6:18:23 pm

I have the same problem. And often use Compressor without needing FCP at all. In these cases Compressor adds the name of your Compressor setting, instead of the FCP project. ie, when I have to convert 30 files from mov to wmv with a watermark. This is especially annoying when you've had to run a couple conversions on your files and the settings name keep piling up

Return to posts index

Rob White
on Mar 18, 2011 at 10:39:39 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? I have 207 files, that I REALLY don't want to rename. I must keep it the same as the source filename.

Return to posts index

Edwin Janzen
on Jun 15, 2011 at 9:45:30 pm

This has stumped me too. The only way around it has been to, as was mentioned, add a custom destination.

However. In the case of file renaming, the software, 'Name Mangler' is a free download and has an easy to use remove or replace function which will get rid of those character strings in batches.

Check out:
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/18487/name-mangler

But I would still like to know if compressor has a function or setting or preference to eliminate the filename tags.

Cheers,
Edwin

Return to posts index

Rob White
on Jun 20, 2011 at 9:11:07 pm

I found that creating a droplet was very helpful and quite simple. 10 minutes and you should know exactly how to skirt around this problem.

http://www.peachpit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=454168

This is Larry Jordan's droplet tutorial in text.

-r

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]