FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 DVCPro HD to ProRes worflow?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
P2 DVCPro HD to ProRes worflow?
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:10:05 pm

Using FCP 6, when digitizing our P2 footage via Log and Transfer, what would be the best way to transcode to ProRes? Can you do this on ingest or must this be done with Compressor after ingesting the P2 volumes? In which case, won't there be some, if any data loss? In the Log and Transfer window, under Prefs, there is an option for P2 Plug-In transcode AVC-Intra to ProRes but not for DVCPro HD.

What is a good workflow for this? I usually ingest and edit in the native format we shot, which is usually DVCPro HD 720p24PN, but the additional footage I'm getting in is all ProRes. And that will make up the majority of the edit. Our DVCPro HD footage is a very small part.

OS 10.5.5, Mac Pro 2 x 3 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 9 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: P2 DVCPro HD to ProRes worflow?
on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:00:39 pm

Actually, we just discovered today at my station that DVCPro HD from our HVX 200 plays just fine in a 1920x1080 ProRes 422 timeline, no adjustments necessary. I doubt that it's just dumb luck, but even so, you should still check it out for yourself first.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]