FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archiving

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Beasley
Archiving
on Dec 16, 2009 at 12:15:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I am about to embark on an archiving job of around 100 FCP projects. I will be consolidating the projects then and also making export folders with masters/web QTs in them too.

What would be the best codec to archive the master QT as? I initially went with the time line settings (ie DV PAL/HDV/EXCAM) but have just thought that perhaps lossless codecs like Animation or Jpeg would be better..?

Any advice appreciated..

Adam

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Archiving
on Dec 16, 2009 at 4:12:31 pm

If you have the space. I like to keep them as uncompressed as posable. I like to export them in there current codac. Go to File, Export, QuickTime Movie. I set the setting to current settings, which is your sequence settings. Make sure the Make Movie Self-Contained checkbox is checked. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Petteri Evilampi
Re: Archiving
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:10:42 pm

If You have several codecs to archive, I would use Jpeg75. It is not supported editing codec in FCP but it is 4:2:2 full raster and really fully comparable to proress or uncompressed but it is about same size as DV. Why would almost all stock footage companies use this as their main delivery codec if it could not carry the quality?
Of course it is always best to store those pictures as they were filmed but if You want to use just one codec, go Jpeg75!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]