FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression Issues

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nic Genovese
Compression Issues
on Dec 16, 2009 at 6:28:42 am

Hey Guys + Gals,

Here is my Issue(s). I have my most recent video finished completely finished in Final Cut. I USUALLY export it Via Compressor, But i am having the Unknown time remaining Issue. I have researched all over the net on how to fix this problem but i tried all the recommended procedures and nothing has worked for me. I am now at the stage for an alternate way to save this video for online us on Vimeo. Is there an alternate way to get the same exporting results in FCP? The reason i have issues is because of a few reasons. I purchased my Camera In Australia when i was there, making it a PAL video camera. Ever since then i have had issues with my footage looking really interlaced and my slo-mo looking horrible. I then found a technique to make my Slo-mos look really smooth using the optical flow tool in Motion. I am very happy how the slow mo turns out using that procedure. The way i fixed my Interlacing issues was saving my video by using the reccomended settings i found on Vimeo.com:

Re-size Filter: Best (linear Filter)
Output Field: Progressive
Deinterlace: Better (Motion Adaptive)
And putting Keyframes to every 30 seconds in the H.264 Compression Type.

My Camera is a Cannon HV 30 (I shoot in 1080I)

I have been using HDV - 1080i60 Firewire basic Project Settings.

Imac 24" 3.06 Ghtz dual core. 4gb Ram.
Final Cut Pro Version 6.01

So basically what I'm ask help for is:
-Is there a way i can save my video an alternate way from Compressor using the same deinterlacing techniques.

- If not, is there a better way to achieve smooth slow-mo and non interlaced footage without using motion and exporting in Compressor?

- And do those seem like the right settings for PAl footage? If not can you please help me get that sorted out.

I really hope someone can help me sort out these SUPER frustrating Issues i am having.

Sincerly

Nic Genovese

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]