FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP/Compressor-TimeCode?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lenny Rabinowitz
FCP/Compressor-TimeCode?
on Dec 15, 2009 at 2:29:59 am

Hello All,
I recently had to export some uncompressed 1920X1080/23.98 quicktimes into Apple Compressor. When I simply dragged the video files into the APP, the timecode was all wrong. When I sent the video file from FCP (Export to Compressor) or timeline sequence, the timecode was correct for the video file or from the sequence. Does anybody know why just simply dragging or importing a video file from the finder gives the wrong timecode that is embedded within the file? Any suggestions or help would be great

Lenny

Lenny
Post-Production Supervisor
Cineworks Digital Studio

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP/Compressor-TimeCode?
on Dec 15, 2009 at 4:54:17 am

Hi Lenny,
It shouldn't be like that at all.
Compressor shouldn't modify the TC, unless yo are re-timing or you change it by your self in the "Frame Control" tab.
Unless you have changed the sequence default TC, your clip should start by 1:00:00:00.
A fast solution may be to "extract" the good TC from one clip and paste it in the other.
Cheers,
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Lenny Rabinowitz
Re: FCP/Compressor-TimeCode?
on Dec 15, 2009 at 5:56:37 pm

Thank you Rafael,
I know, I thought the same thing but Compressor is definitely treating the quicktime clip with different timecode. When I bring in the clip from FCP, either with a Sequence or just the clip, the code is fine. I am thinking that there is a 23.98 to 24 type of conversion or something happening when you drag the clip. FCP handles the framerate correctly into Compressor and Quicktime pro does not.

Lenny

Lenny
Post-Production Supervisor
Cineworks Digital Studio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]