FORUMS: list search recent posts

can't open fcp studio pro 2 (fcp)file in fcp express.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
patrick dean bostrom
can't open fcp studio pro 2 (fcp)file in fcp express.
on Dec 14, 2009 at 7:26:15 pm

hi i, can't open fcp studio pro 2 (fcp)file in fcp express. i just installed fcp express 4 hd upgrade. (i use it on my laptop). everything works fine but i was given a fcp file of a sequence (i need to clean up some cuts)created on fcp pro studio 2. when i try to open it, i get an error message that says "this project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of final cut" - i updated all final cut express software. i was under the impression that final cut express was the same platform as final cut and that (fcp)files can be shared back and forth. I have not done a full install of fcp studio on my mac pro because of harddrive space.
question 1- can this be done
question 2- could the file be exported as something fcp express won't have trouble reading?( i need to work on cuts in sequence so exporting as quicktime doesn't help me)
question#3- because i have limited hardrive space can a full install be performed on an external harddrive and used on my laptop.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: can't open fcp studio pro 2 (fcp)file in fcp express.
on Dec 14, 2009 at 8:25:02 pm

Your question has been asked many times on the FCP and the FCP Basics forums. Have you tried doing a search?

There are no "technical solutions" to your "artistic problems".
Don't let technology get in the way of your creativity!

Return to posts index

patrick dean bostrom
on Dec 14, 2009 at 11:41:27 pm

zane,
while i appreciate you returning my to my post so quicky, no other earlier posts answer the question. which is how to do it, not that it can't be done. or the responses are cryptic. my little "artistic "brain can't figure it out. there is always away around it. i need an "artistic solution" to a "technical problem. not a scolding on not viewing other posts. thanks... any one else had this problem and a way to solve it...i am truely grateful for any help..

Return to posts index

Stace Carter
on Dec 15, 2009 at 2:45:48 pm

Dean,

You're not being scolded. This has been answered several times. There is no compatibility in the direction you're seeking - what you want to do is not possible.

Cheers,
Stace

Apple Certified Trainer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]