FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jumpy video on transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Bundy
Jumpy video on transitions
on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:32:14 pm

Hey everyone. I've read through the FAQ, but I was hoping to post my question anyway just to get clarification. I'm editing HD, but it's H.264 coming from a canon 7d. My issue really pops up when my timeline is coming out of a video transition; my output seems to freeze for about a second, then jumps back into it. It's not the timeline that freezes, just the video.

My initial thought is that it's happening because I'm writing to a firewire 800 drive, but I had sort of hoped that since I'm only working with H.264 it would be fast enough. Is it possible there are some settings I've overlooked, or could I possible set it up to output a slightly lower quality video so I can at least watch things smoothly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is my first foray into the HD world and I realize I have a lot to learn!
-JB

Return to posts index

david bogie
Re: Jumpy video on transitions
on Dec 12, 2009 at 5:53:19 pm

There are no recommendations in anyone's FAQ that support or suggest editing H.264. Transcode to a editing format.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Jordan Bundy
Re: Jumpy video on transitions
on Dec 12, 2009 at 8:37:09 pm

sweet. to clear things up though, I wasn't saying that the FAQs recommended that, it's just that I hadn't taken the time to transcode them. I've read on other forums some decent workflows, so I'll go back to those and check them out. Thanks for pointing out the direction I need to follow though.
-JB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]