FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt project file. Can't copy from it.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Berdan
Corrupt project file. Can't copy from it.
on Dec 11, 2009 at 7:38:17 pm

So to keep my project full of scenes manageable (I'm re-evaluating what's manageable in FCP) I've been throwing my completed scenes into a new project. That one has gotten up to 133MB. Now when I try to drag a folder or even a clip out of it, I get the beach ball hangup. My assistant deleted a big chunk from it, exported xml and reimported it and got a warning report:

Errors Found Importing...
Required element has a value that is out of range. Resulting definition may not behave corrrectly.( line 65535)
[repeated four times]

Any thoughts?

Brian Berdan
migrant filmworker

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Corrupt project file. Can't copy from it.
on Dec 11, 2009 at 7:42:48 pm

What about the AUTOSAVES of that file? Will they work? Or same issue?

One think you can try is to have the media drive NOT mounted when you open the project and drag the sequence where you want it. Then quit FCP...mount the drives...launch that project. You most likely will have to RECONNECT, but it should work.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brian Berdan
on Dec 11, 2009 at 8:24:59 pm

Hey Shane,
Looks like the autosaves are causing the same hanging when I try to pull something out of them- even back when the size was 80MB. And while opening the project with the Media drive offline is much faster (I'm working on my laptop for another two weeks till I go down to LA) it still has the same crash.
My assistant seems to be able to pull from a randomly abridged project (deleting a bunch of the folders within)... But he's going to hit the corrupt part of it soon, I'm sure.

Brian Berdan
migrant filmworker

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 11, 2009 at 8:37:45 pm

If you need more help on this, gimme a hollar when you are down here. I'm local.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Colin McQuillan
on Dec 11, 2009 at 9:57:28 pm

Perhaps you have some corrupt media in the project. I have seen that cause nightmare problems with projects not opening, saving.....

Take a look in your capture scratch and render folders and see if you have an insanely large .mov or render. If you find any try playing it back in QT Player.

If this is a complex project I'm sure this could be a daunting task, but if there is a piece of corrupt media or a bad render file linked in the project, deleting the bad media can bring an otherwise dead project back to life.

Colin McQuillan
Vancouver, B.C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]