FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exports only first 30 mins and 14 frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Aguirre
Exports only first 30 mins and 14 frames
on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:03:38 pm

I shot a theater show on 2 P2 cards and all of the clips' timecode aren't in chronological order. Meaning -The star of Clip 2 is like 4 frames off from the end of Clip 1. Now when I drag them onto the timeline they play through without a hitch. But when I drag all of them down (7 Clips Total) and try to export out to a new Master Clip with all of them as One Clip, it only exports up to 30 mins and 16 seconds. Thanks for the help.

Mac Info:

G5
Final Cut Pro - V. 5
500 GB Lacie Hard Drive - Formatted to Mac OS Extended
Footage was shot on two HVX-200's at a format of 720P 24PN

Antonio

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
Re: Exports only first 30 mins and 14 frames
on Dec 10, 2009 at 11:40:59 pm

You don't have an in and out point set on the sequence do you? I know it's a dumb question but I gotta ask it.

FCP Studio 2
Dual 3Gg Quad Core
4Gg RAM
KONA 2
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Antonio Aguirre
Re: Exports only first 30 mins and 14 frames
on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:35:51 pm

Yes sir I do, I don't blame you for asking. Usually things like this are just what we call a "air gap." Good news is though, however, I finally got it to export the whole program. However, I set my frame size to 960 X 720 and the program came out at 1280 X 720 or something to that effect. I brought it back into FCP and proceeded to cut the show using the Multicam Edit and all was well. Except now I have to Render the whole show because the frame size on the Sequence doesn't match what I brought in. I'm not sure why it exported to that particular frame size after I chose "Custom Settings" and set specifically to 960 X 720, because I shot it at 720P 24 PN on the HVX-200. Nonetheless, I finally cut it and now I'm on to Post Audio. But if you have any knowledge to shed on why it exported at the bigger frame size, I am grateful. Thank you sir!

Antonio

Antonio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]