FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ingestion Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tristan Olson
Ingestion Question
on Dec 10, 2009 at 7:57:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a tight budget and a very accelerated post schedule. We are going to be doing a best light transfer of some film shot on 16mm film. HD Cam R is the deliverable. I don't want to book an HD Cam deck for the amount of time it will take to create a batch transfer list.

Can I simply ingest the whole tape, with no breaks, and then later go in and, while transcoding to pro-res, log and transfer the footage with the correct logging and organizational info?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Ingestion Question
on Dec 10, 2009 at 8:53:55 pm

[Tristan Olson] "while transcoding to pro-res"

You'd be doing that WHEN you capture. You'd be capturing the tape as ProRes...well, if you capture at full resolution.

[Tristan Olson] "Can I simply ingest the whole tape, with no breaks, and then later go in and, while transcoding to pro-res, log and transfer the footage with the correct logging and organizational info?"

Log and Transfer? AFTER you capture the tape? No... you misunderstand. Log and Transfer is for capturing footage from TAPELESS formats. The LOG AND CAPTURE of the tapeless world. What you can do is capture the full tape, then name subclips of each shot. Fairly standard procedure really.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Arnie Schlissel
Re: Ingestion Question
on Dec 10, 2009 at 9:40:40 pm

[Tristan Olson] " I don't want to book an HD Cam deck for the amount of time it will take to create a batch transfer list. "

You can simply make a batch list from the telecine logs that they provide you with when they give you the tape. The logs will be in the form of FLEX or ALE files, maybe both, on a floppy disk. Yes, a floppy disk. Buy a USB floppy disk drive and use Cinema Tools to import the logs and make an FCP batch list and you'll save your self much grief.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]