FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime audio out of sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Suzan Beraza
Quicktime audio out of sync
on Dec 10, 2009 at 6:47:13 pm

Greeting brainiacs,

Hoping someone can help as I haven't found a solution in reading posts. I have a one hour 20 minute documentary that I need to compress and make a DVD. A few weeks ago I accomplished this without a hitch. Exported through compressor, no problems. I have made a lot of changes and want to burn a new copy.

Tried exporting through compressor the past two nights, and sometime in the middle of the night it fails (gets through the audio fine). So, I tried exporting as a quicktime that I would then bring over to Compressor. Unfortunately, when I play back the quicktime in Quicktime Player or in Compressor, it slowly goes out of sync.

Most of the film is shot Sony XDCAM, but there are multiple formats, including archival, Panasonic, etc. The thing I find really strange is that it worked fine a few weeks ago.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to solve either the out of sync quicktime problem or the Compressor "failed" issue?

Much thanks to all of your great minds,
Suzan Beraza

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
Re: Quicktime audio out of sync
on Dec 10, 2009 at 8:21:03 pm

Give this a try:

Export the audio from FCP as a self-contained .aiff file (16-bit 48KHz stereo). Open the .aiff in Compressor and encode it to AC3.

Does Compressor still fail in that case?

Return to posts index

gordy waterman
on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:18:55 pm

no brain here....but try converting your audio files to AIFF files...whatever they are........when you go to compressor....had the same issue, there are a couple threads about this here from people who know a LOT more about these things than I...that i read and that solved this issue for me too.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 11, 2009 at 1:33:36 am

Welcome to the Cow Gordy. I used to know your dad when I too was making underwater films. Howard Hall used to shoot for me. I hope your dad is doing well and I hope we see you here on The Cow often now that you've discovered us.

Regards,
David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Suzan Beraza
on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:18:26 am

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. All of my audio files were already in aiff ... but I just figured out what was the problem in my situation.

I have organized the film in chapters which are on different timelines. Last week, for convenience, I nested them all into one sequence. I was trying to export from the nested sequence, and that was what seems to have been giving me the audio going out of sync problem, because as soon as I copied and pasted all of the sequences into a new timeline with no nesting everything worked fine!

Holy cow, but sometimes you scratch your head a lot (or I guess your nuts, if you're a guy) and squander a day away! Sorry ... sick sense of humor. can't help myself sometimes, especially after a day of going punch mad.

Here is vimeo link to working version of first four minutes of the documentary, if anyone cares to have a look. It is about plastic.

Again, thanks for your advice and encouragement.
Best,
Suzan Beraza

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 12, 2009 at 2:17:26 am

[Suzan Beraza] "Here is vimeo link to working version of first four minutes of the documentary, if anyone cares to have a look. It is about plastic. "

Suzan,

I saw your wonderful first four minutes. Check out my comment on Vimeo.

Your rhythm and pacing are awesome. Don't change a thing, please. Just go make another film and leave this one at 4-minutes.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

abby martin
on Dec 16, 2009 at 12:04:34 am

hey. i am really new to final cut, and need to be walked through any advice given.

i dragged some movies that i have on my computer into a new sequence on final cut and after editing them to fit youtube, they play perfectly fine and in sync on my computer and in FCP before re exporting. Once I re export to quicktime movie under the standard settings it gives me, the final exported mov file has unsynced audio and video.

i even re exported my audio as aif files and re sequenced them thinking that might be the problem. it works fine in my fcp view until they are exported.

please help! thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Simon Dempsey
on Jan 10, 2010 at 4:56:34 pm

I recently lost 2 days on this very same problem. I was exporting a HDV sequence (46min duration) from FCP, 1080 60i compression with 48k audio - I exported about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine, then it all went crazy - all I changed was a cut.

So anyways, my fix came from another forum - try copying all the tracks (audio + video) from your sequence into a new sequence and paste it in. Then export from this new sequence. When I pasted all my stuff into the new sequence it all required rendering so I ignored that and just exported. The result was fixed, fully sync'd video.

Hope you, or anyone else looking for answers, find a help in this.

Regards.
Simon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]