FORUMS: list search recent posts

My FCP grievance

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bjarki Gudjonsson
My FCP grievance
on Dec 9, 2009 at 11:49:32 pm

Alright. I've had it. It's happened one time too many.

I'm working on a 10 show series. Each show (project) is split into about 15 segments, each having it's own timeline until the show comes together. I honestly do not know how many times I have accidentally clicked on and switched to another sequence by accident when I'm trying to scrub the timeline on the edit I'm working on. I'm starting to miss being able to scrub by clicking anywhere on the Avid.

I just had to share.

B.

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: My FCP grievance
on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:15:25 am

I accidentally grab a sequence and drag it out into it's own window all the time. A little too quick swiping with my Wacom.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:32:25 am

Bjarki,

Is that it??? Jeeze, I was hoping for something a bit more monumental.

Come on now, the ice cap is melting and Iceland may soon become one big underwater amusement park, and you're upset about scrubbing in FCP?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:40:49 am

David ,
Be Nice, It's Christmas!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 10, 2009 at 12:56:09 am

In the ten years I've been using FCP, I don't have this problem.

The problem caused by bad habits. AVID editors should be used to using keyboard shortcuts. FCP has shortcuts for tabbing through the windows. It also has keyboard shortcuts for scrubbing.

Chanukah starts Friday!

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shawn Bockoven
on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:30:43 pm

But our antarctic underpants are getting thicker

Return to posts index

Bjarki Gudjonsson
on Dec 12, 2009 at 11:34:47 am

[Kevin Monahan] "You wouldn't want that, otherwise FCP would have to use "Mode" buttons. You couldn't just click and drag a clip, you'd have to get into something like segment mode first. "

I agree. Totally. But I'd like the scrubbable timeline to be larger. And maybe have the timeline tabs lockable.

[David Roth Weiss] "Come on now, the ice cap is melting and Iceland may soon become one big underwater amusement park, and you're upset about scrubbing in FCP? "

Ice caps melting? Really, David? That's the least of our problems right now. If you were looking for an actual weak spot, you might have mentioned the fact that the global financial crisis really hit Iceland in the nuts. That we're bankrupt, our currency is worth less than Monopoly money and our credit is shot. Could be worse though. I could be in L.A.

Cheers,
B.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
on Dec 10, 2009 at 6:48:03 pm

You wouldn't want that, otherwise FCP would have to use "Mode" buttons. You couldn't just click and drag a clip, you'd have to get into something like segment mode first.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]