FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to apply a filter throughout a whole sequence?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
How to apply a filter throughout a whole sequence?
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:35:07 pm

After some useful (as they always are here!) tips and tricks, I realise that I need to apply Broadcast Safe to my sequences.

Sure I could apply that filter to each bit and piece, but that is painstakingly slow.

The other way would be to export as a (self-contained??) movie, open that up in FCP and apply the broadcast safe filter. Then I export that sequence to whatever I want.

Now, here's the catch(?)

I'm in DVCPro50 16:9 PAL. I want to maintain highest possible quality all the way to MPEG-2. I'm in for Sheer Video (Hi, Rafael!), Video Purifier and BitVice.

Reading the forums and the net, the story of the QuickTime ref movie is a chapter on it's own...

So, what path is the best? From what I learned "self-contained QuickTime" is not the best choice, since it will use DVCPro50. I don't want any more compression that I already have (native footage and editing in FCP).

Exporting my timeline to Sheer Video and then importing that file into a new sequence (and change sequence settings to match the clip) gets me to re-render the entire clip. Whoa! Am I in for this? Sure, then I just add the Broadcast Safe, hits the Render command and go grab some cups of coffee...

(the output file is fed to VideoPurifier and then to BitVice).

Return to posts index

Chris Poisson
Re: How to apply a filter throughout a whole sequence?
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:38:30 pm

Apply the filter to a clip, and then hit command copy and select all the other clips, then use paste attributes from the edit menu.

Return to posts index

Florian Knoblich
on Mar 9, 2010 at 10:29:41 am

Hi Criss Poisson,
found your approach the best, cause I can continue to move around the individual clips and don't have the sequence as one block as it becomes when it is nested.
BUT for those who got a bit CONFUSED by your description as I got:
After you have applied the effect to one clip YOU HAVE TO COPY THE WHOLE CLIP not just the effect in the Viewer (as I did before). Then select the whole sequence and paste attributes. (I did it by the contextual menu - control click)

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:38:46 pm

Reference movie would be my choice

Return to posts index

Raymond Tuquero
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:56:11 pm

You could also nest the project and then put the effect on the nested sequence.

-Raymond Tuquero-
Houston Based Freelancer
http://www.rtuqvidere.com

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Dec 8, 2009 at 6:46:38 pm

Good point actually, this is probably the best way

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Dec 8, 2009 at 9:45:05 pm

Hm - that's a new one. How do I nest a project? (I don't have FCP at hand for the moment).

Can I nest the project, apply broadcast safe and from there export to lossless (Sheer) for further conversion?

Return to posts index

Niklas Wikman
on Dec 9, 2009 at 10:11:05 am

Figured it out. Great for applying "global" things, like filters, etc.

Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]