FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digital Cinema Preview on 7.0.1 out of sync after 5 years of never having an issue!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Roberts
Digital Cinema Preview on 7.0.1 out of sync after 5 years of never having an issue!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:54:00 pm

Hey All,

I upgraded to FCP 7.0.1 from 7.0.0 when it was released a little while back. Today was the first time I've had clients over since this upgrade to view and lock picture on a film. Low and behold, my digital cinema desktop preview is now OUT OF SYNC! I've tried restarting and trashing prefs to no avail and I've made sure that my audio is set to default and I've tried all the other options as well. My machine is from late 2006 but should be absolutely fine to preview XDCAM 1080p footage on and has been so since 2006 (and version 7.0.0 had no issues). I REALLY hope this isn't apple's way of "tweaking" performance for the newer processors ie trying to make me upgrade when my Mac Pro already does everything I need it to. Here's my setup:

Two 24inch Dell LCD monitors spanned into "one big monitor" using Maxtor's TripleHead2Go.
42 Inch plasma wall mounted used as my second monitor and my Digital Cinema Preview monitor.
OSX 10.5.8
2X3ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon processors
12 gb ram
ATI Radeon HD 3870 video card

Has this happened to anyone else before? This is the first time for me that I've ever had a FCP system play out of sync with Digital Cinema Preview... I'm extremely frustrated! Please help!

Bryan

FCP / AVID EDITOR
Features : Television
http://www.DefiningFilms.com

Return to posts index

Bryan Roberts
Re: Digital Cinema Preview on 7.0.1 out of sync after 5 years of never having an issue!
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:40:24 pm

Ah.... I figured it out after pulling my hair out for a few days. It turns out the "Frame Offset" under my Playback Control had somehow gotten changed from 0 frames to 4 frames. No idea how or why since I haven't been into my system settings in months and months but it did... and now it's fixed. Thank god.

FCP / AVID EDITOR
Features : Television
http://www.DefiningFilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]