FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems exporting to AppleProRes in FCP 7!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Per Rönnecke
Problems exporting to AppleProRes in FCP 7!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 11:02:56 am

Hi!

We deliver a lot of commercials to the local tv-station and they spec says Quicktime JpegB. Now, after upgrading to Snow Leopard and FCP7 the codec JpegB is gone and so are the option in QT to show older codecs. (FCP 7.0.1 QT 7.6.3 Compr 3.5.1)

I talked to the channel and they now also can take AppleProRes. So I made a file using Quicktime Conversion from FCP (uncompressed timeline) but thought it was too dark. So I sendt it to Compressor. The picture was ok so I delivered. Today the station says that the audio is 40 ms too short. And if I open the file in QT and check the file preferences, the video is 20 sek and the audio is 19,96. The file made using Quicktime Conversion is correct in length (but too dark).

If I export an uncompressed file from FCP and creates an AppleProRes-file using Compressor it is OK in lenght. If I creates it using export in QT it's correct in lenght and the gamma is correct.

I opened my old system using FCP 6.0.6, QT 3.6.4 and Compr 3.05 and Compressor also creates a file from FCP timeline with too short audio. Using QT Conversion both lenght and gamma is correct.

Of course I have tried different timelines and different files as sources.

Has anyone heard of this? Is it a bug or is it a setting that I have missed?

Thanks, Per!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Problems exporting to AppleProRes in FCP 7!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 3:43:10 pm

Install Quicktime 7. Its an optional install on the Snow Leopard CD.

Quicktime X is a bit behind the curve on pro features at this point.

Return to posts index

Per Rönnecke
Re: Problems exporting to AppleProRes in FCP 7!
on Dec 7, 2009 at 5:56:12 pm

Thanks, John! But as you see in my original post I have QT 7.6.3, so I don't think that's the problem!

/Per

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]