FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 frames of picture missing between cuts at 24P

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Pearson
3 frames of picture missing between cuts at 24P
on Dec 7, 2009 at 10:35:04 am

Having a problem using a ProRes HQ 1920x1080 24p 10ch timeline in FCP6 where everything on the timeline is lined up perfectly and in sync. When it is exported (as is) 3 frames are missing from the picture of the following clip but the audio is there.

For example on the timeline if I have a cut at 01:00:10:00, in the exported QuickTime the picture cuts to black at 01:00:09:21 and the picture comes back at 01:00:10:00. The thing I don't get is though the last frame of picture is correct for the previous clip and the next clip is missing the first 3 frames of picture from the start, you'd think it'd be the other way round???

I'm using a 2x3.2GHz Quad Core Xeon, 8GB RAM, 1x SAS for the OS and 3 Internal SAS RAID 0 for storage, an AJA Kona LHe with Genlock. All drivers and software updates are up to date.

This problem only happens on a 24p timeline, 23.98, 25, 29.97 etc are all fine.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: 3 frames of picture missing between cuts at 24P
on Dec 8, 2009 at 12:09:55 am

That preset is a 23.98 fps setting...? 24p video is 23.98fps.. not 24 so might be the problem?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
Re: 3 frames of picture missing between cuts at 24P
on Dec 8, 2009 at 9:24:35 am

I've checked and everything is set to 24, sequence settings, capture settings, codec settings, device control, my reference, the source is 24Psf.

I should be a bit clearer, I'm trying to join a feature that's split over two SR's into one QuickTime, the join is at about 1 hour 20 mins. I've just done a test and cut some 10 second or so sections of 24p together and the problem doesn't occur so it could be something to do with the long duration between cuts?

I've since re-captured the same feature at 25Psf as this is actually what the client wanted and the problem hasn't occured and I have a nice clean join so like I said earlier it has to be something to do with using 24 within Final Cut.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]