FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color looks horrible after export through Compressor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Riordan Galluccio
Color looks horrible after export through Compressor
on Dec 4, 2009 at 11:22:25 pm

Hi,

I just finished my first Final Cut Pro multimedia project and the color/contrast is way off. The pictures look great on all the color corrected monitors, Lightroom, Photoshop and in Final Cut before export. After export into Compressor.. awful washed out,muddy, etc.

FCP export to Compressor was in Web Quicktime 7, Lan, custom settings 16:9
Original file HD 1080 30p Images were JPEG color space of APPLE RGB as instructed by my teachers...

Please help if you can.

Thanks

Riordan

Return to posts index

scott robinson
Re: Color looks horrible after export through Compressor
on Dec 5, 2009 at 8:24:14 pm

I'll try to help....

Did you save the file out from FCP first as a seperate .mov then import into compressor? If not that is the first step. Do not use FCP export to compressor from within FCP.

Return to posts index

Riordan Galluccio
Re: Color looks horrible after export through Compressor
on Dec 5, 2009 at 11:30:43 pm

No I directly used compressor...So I should export a .MOV file first? Any particular settings I should use to do that?

This is all pretty confusing I appreciate the help. As a photographer having spent so much time making sure colors are displaying properly then having to figure out all these settings again to ensure the end product displays correctly for output is learning curve I wasn't expecting. I read that the color space for QT was 2.2 but switching my monitor to Apple RGB that only made a slight difference. And its sorta silly to tell everyone who watches it to reset their color profile.

The original file was created in FCP HD 1080 30p.

Thanks

Riordan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]