FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grass valley

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
johnsabbath d'urzo
Grass valley
on Dec 4, 2009 at 5:07:30 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a online manual for Grass Valley 9505A source synchronizing generator? also tutorials on how all the inside components work. please let me know.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Grass valley
on Dec 4, 2009 at 5:47:53 pm

Try Google or ebay

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

johnsabbath d'urzo
on Dec 4, 2009 at 9:14:27 pm

ya i did and nothing.

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 4, 2009 at 9:49:09 pm

In that case you might want to try e-mailing their support.

I tried to search real quick as well and couldn't find anything.

http://www.grassvalley.com/support/contact

-Matt

Return to posts index

johnsabbath d'urzo
on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:41:46 pm

i tried them and I they want about $150.00 for it, do you know anywhere else I can find it for free?

Return to posts index

Matthew Mullen
on Dec 4, 2009 at 10:55:52 pm

No clue

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 5, 2009 at 5:26:43 am

exactly what do you want to know. It's a sync generator. It puts out sync, blanking and subcarrier, and perhaps black (which you can easily discover by putting it on a waveform monitor). New Black generators, which will outperform this antique, are available from Blackmagic, AJA and Horita, all in the $300 price range, all with manuals, and all available on ebay for even less than $300. What are you trying to do. A black gen (or a sync gen) is not brain surgery ? What are you trying to learn ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Dec 5, 2009 at 2:05:12 pm

I'm just trying to figure out what this has to do with Final Cut Pro that it's in this forum.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 5, 2009 at 7:38:46 pm

I'm just trying to figure out why anyone wants to use a 25 year old sync generator when you can get a Horita box on ebay for $150. Do you want the manual so you can figure out what the DC offset trim potentiometer on the edge of the card does ? Do you have an oscilloscope, so you can see the DC offset move, when you turn the knob ? ITS A SYNC GENERATOR - you plug it in to your Genlock (Reference) inputs. What the hell do you need the manual for ? And if it doesn't work, you can buy a used, stable Horita box on ebay for $150 (the price you saw for the manual) - what the hell do you need a GVG 9505 manual for ?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

johnsabbath d'urzo
on Dec 7, 2009 at 1:08:06 pm

it comes with cards inside and i have access to free parts so i want to repair it. does anyone know where i can get a manual?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]