FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with captured ProRes footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Wilson
Problem with captured ProRes footage
on Dec 1, 2009 at 2:25:51 pm

Hi,

I've recently captured 6 tapes of footage (shot 1080i50) as ProRes 422 using FCP (I used an easy setup) then just let them run. Having a bit of an issue now though as when I see the captured files in the Finder they are showing as 'document' file types meaning that I cannot preview them using quick view but also I cannot drop them into compressor. The files play fine in FCP and also in quicktime (when I use 'open with') but am wondering if there is something simple I have done wrong or if there's something I can do to resolve the problem??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Rob

Return to posts index

Roli Rivelino
Re: Problem with captured ProRes footage
on Dec 1, 2009 at 8:12:47 pm

As I understand it, when you capture in this way and then find the files in the finder, you're just looking at reference files rather than the raw captured footage, those will be on your scratch disk where FCP puts all your media.

aka Newbie Wan Kenewbie. "The young Newbie, is now a Padawon."

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

Rob Wilson
on Dec 1, 2009 at 9:02:44 pm

Don't think these files are reference files. They are in the capture scratch (that's where I looked in the finder) and the file sizes total to around 300GB. Thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Return to posts index

Vidar Vikingsson
on Jan 10, 2010 at 7:50:28 pm

I have the same problem. Moreover, in FCP I cannot apply the SmoothCam filter. For that I have to export and import them as QuickTime files. Baffling.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]