FORUMS: list search recent posts

French in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon gooden
French in FCP
on Nov 30, 2009 at 4:41:51 pm

hi.. quick dumb question but , i need to do some french text in Final Cut..do i have to load some software or is it hidden somewhere..?

Many thanks,
SG.

Return to posts index

John Christie
Re: French in FCP
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:58:12 pm

Do you mean for handling French accents? Just copy and paste from your translated document to whichever text generator you're using.

Or choose edit > special characters to access the accent marks

Cheers

John Christie

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:13:24 pm

Hi,

you don't need special software and accessing accents is dead easy. I work in French most of the time yet use all my software in english with us keyboard (primarily because FCP's localisation is awful with jargon that does not make sense).

With US kbd é (e with accute accent) is accessed by typing alt+e and e again. Accent grave is alt+the key left to your z key (the delete marker key) followed by the letter that has the accent. Circumflex accent is accessed by alt+i and then the character you need. Finally a ç (C cedille) is obtained by hitting alt+c.

This will cover most of your needs. More characters can be spotted by opening the keyboard viewer from macosx.

Hope this helps

Pat

oh by the way, alt+q will produce the oe attached that should be used when writing oeil (eye) or oenologue, which reminds me that I have a fine bordeaux bottle to open up ;-)

Return to posts index

simon gooden
on Nov 30, 2009 at 9:18:49 pm

Nice one patrice..that's perfect.. A bordeaux on a school nite..? how very French..!:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]