FORUMS: list search recent posts

pov vio 1.5 helmet camera with fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andre schaefer
pov vio 1.5 helmet camera with fcp
on Nov 29, 2009 at 5:10:14 am

Hello,

I have got some problems with double frames when editing footage from a pov vio 1.5 helmet camera when editing in fcp. Maybe someone's got experience with this camera and could help me out with the best settings for the camera itself, as well as for the sequence settings in final cut pro. The format the camera records in seems to be avi with a divx6.0 codec.

Thank you very much for your help!!

Andre

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: pov vio 1.5 helmet camera with fcp
on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:26:13 am

What frame rate does it shoot and what quicktime codec did you convert the footage to for editing. Also what codec is it being intercut with?

Hopefully you have converted it to the same codec, frame rate and frame size as the main footage. If not, I recommend using Compressor to batch convert the footage before editing.

Also if there is audio make sure it is 48khz sample rate.

Return to posts index

andre schaefer
on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:39:22 am

On this camera you can select the frame rate you wanna record in, as well as the resolution. In terms of quality and size, the highest you can get is 720x480, you can select NTSC or PAL and frame rates can be fixed manually. I always chose btw 25 or 30 frames.
I haven't converted the footage into anything, but instead I simply imported it to fcp. The application interprets it as 720x480, shows frame rate 25, but even with PAL preselected on the camera, it would show NTSC CCIR.. .
What conversion settings should I use in compressor to make efficient use of my footage without upsizing it?

Many thanks!

Andre

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:15:37 am

Firstly it is best to convert avi files into quicktime. I am assuming your sequence is PAL SD which is 720 x 576. Without telling me the sequence codec I won't advise any specifics.

By shooting 720 x 480 at 25 fps, the frame rate is right but the pixel ratio is wrong. This will mean when you convert to 720 x 576 the image may be slightly distorted which can be corrected in the timeline by adjusting the distort tab and possibly a small zoom on the image.

I would convert the footage to match the sequence you are editing but because you didn't respond to that part of the question, I can't be specific.

Return to posts index

andre schaefer
on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:51:15 am

Thank you Michael!

Your input helped me a lot! The avi with the divx codec was causing some problems, but after converting the footage into a quicktime format and after matching fcp sequence settings this frame doubling hasn't occurred anymore.
Apart from that I found out, that the camera is recording in progressive mode, so I set the field dominance to none. What happens if I work with different kinds of footage, meaning interlaced and progressive? How do I make them work together?
Then there is a strange size option on the camera, 720x400. Is thsi PAL, NTSC or none of those?

Appreciate your help!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]