FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP footage not linking with audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Denegre
FCP footage not linking with audio
on Nov 28, 2009 at 7:24:18 pm

Hi, I searched in the forums for my problem but couldn't find anyone with a similar situation...so here it goes:

I've been filming for a while on a Panasonic AG-DVX100a, at 24fp (not advanced) and capturing into FCP with standard clip settings (DV NTSC 48khz, 29.97 fps, dv ntsc at best quality, 720x480, etc)...

The thing is, I've been doing this for years, never changed settings (to the best of my knowledge, at least), but then one day I get issues with my captured footage. When I bring them in from the browser into the timeline, the clip titles are underlined, indicating their link status, but don't act like linked footage. When I expand/contract footage, the audio doesn't move in sync and vise versa. I can link/unlink the clip, but this doesn't change the way it functions. The footage and audio just don't link and move together.

What gives?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: FCP footage not linking with audio
on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:57:18 pm

Sounds like you have linked selection switched off. Shift-L or the link button in the upper right of the timeline.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Dan Denegre
Re: FCP footage not linking with audio
on Nov 29, 2009 at 8:18:27 pm

Wow. Learn something new every day. All fixed.

Thanks Tom!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]