FORUMS: list search recent posts

Challenge: Full Screen from FCP with TripleHead2GO setup?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lars Apneseth
Challenge: Full Screen from FCP with TripleHead2GO setup?
on Nov 27, 2009 at 1:32:38 pm

HELP!

I bought Matrox Triplehead2Go to use with my MacBook Pro´s DVI output.
I have two external 23´LCD monitors connected, running 3840x1080 resolution streched across them.

I had hoped I could have "Full screen" video from FCP on one of my LCD´s, and timeline/bins etc. on the other one.
However; because my Mac sees the two monitors as one streched display, the "Full screen" fills both the LCD´s.

Matrox´ own "PowerDesk" software should help me setup the two LCD´s as independent displays, or so I thought, but this seems to be an option only in the Windows version of the software...annoying.

Surely there must be a way to make my MacBook Pro "see" a display that is streched across two LCD´s as TWO displays? A third party application/driver that "divides" the desktop?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks and regards,
Lars

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Challenge: Full Screen from FCP with TripleHead2GO setup?
on Nov 27, 2009 at 5:27:31 pm

[Lars Apneseth] "I had hoped I could have "Full screen" video from FCP on one of my LCD´s, and timeline/bins etc. on the other one. "

Sorry...nope. Because the TripleHead2Go basically spans the ONE DVI connection to two or three monitors. So if you send full screen out of that port, it can't only put it on one monitor, it will try to do it to all of them. Remember, ONE connection...spanned across several monitors.

[Lars Apneseth] "However; because my Mac sees the two monitors as one streched display, the "Full screen" fills both the LCD´s."

Exactly, because that is what is happening.

[Lars Apneseth] "Surely there must be a way to make my MacBook Pro "see" a display that is streched across two LCD´s as TWO displays?"

Nope. This is why laptops are limiting. If you want three monitors with one having the full screen display you need a tower. You can put the TripleHead2go on the two monitors you want to use as your desktop, and then the third as your playback monitor.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lars Apneseth
Re: Challenge: Full Screen from FCP with TripleHead2GO setup?
on Nov 28, 2009 at 7:08:32 am

Ok. Thanks Shane.

Guess I´ll have to buy another GXM...
Matrox MXO seems to be what I´m looking for. It´s quite expensive though.

All I need is a way to output video from FCP on a separate monitor.
Does anyone know any cheaper boxes that´ll do the job?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]