FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP vs. DSR-1500a

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vause
FCP vs. DSR-1500a
on Nov 27, 2009 at 8:07:05 am

I cannot get FCP to control a DSR-1500a. I have it hooked up via firewire and also have an external television hooked up for reference. I can see the timeline on the reference monitor but cannot not see anything in the preview window nor can I control the deck through FCP when I go to log and capture. It started out that I could see a tape in the preview window when I went to log and capture but I couldn't control the deck or capture a clip unless I used capture now.More than one person uses this comp and well long story short I trashed the prefs and now here we are. Am I just missing some setting somewheres.! Anybody care to help? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Petteri Evilampi
Re: FCP vs. DSR-1500a
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:03:53 am

You have to set from dsr-1500 that it is controlled via firewire and set it to remote control mode. Then you open Log and Capture window in FCP and select there a tab "Capture Settings". You choose Device Control - Firewire ntsc and then Capture / Input - DV NTSC 48 khz. Should work now!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:04:03 am

Hi Tim,
if you get the picture, the FW connexion is OK.
You had set "Control Device FW" don't you?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Gary Askham
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:58:20 am

Have you got the deck's iLink setting turned on (one of the buttons on the front). Also in the DSR-1500's menu there is an option to switch control from Firewire to 9-pin remote (it is under the Interface menu item).

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

Tim Vause
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:20:16 pm

thanks guys! Turns out I had the connection on the front of the deck on but it was on 9-pin in the internal menu. Switched it to iLink an' presto! thanks for the responses, cow comes through for me again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]