FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Crashes opening .FCP file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey Kone
FCP 7 Crashes opening .FCP file
on Nov 25, 2009 at 11:32:34 pm

I have this one FCP project that was open. I was prepping to print to tape for someone, and since I was not the one to open the project initially, I closed FCP to make sure the firewire device had been picked up. FCP will start cleanly with the firewire device connected. Upon restarting FCP it would crash while opening. After trashing prefs I discovered that it was the project causing the crash. The horrible thing is that all autosaves (probably about 20 going back a day or two) in the vault also crash when opening.

I watched console while opening the project a few times and there were no messages. The I tried the project on another FCP 7 system with no luck.

Might there be any resolution for this other than telling the editor "hope you exported a quicktime" or "better luck next time?"

Thanks
Geoff

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP 7 Crashes opening .FCP file
on Nov 27, 2009 at 12:43:13 pm

Could be a bad media file there... might put them all in another folder on the same drive, then open the project file. Reconnect the media a few at a time... find the one at fault. often it's a render file.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Geoffrey Kone
Re: FCP 7 Crashes opening .FCP file
on Nov 27, 2009 at 9:00:29 pm

that seems to have done the trick! thanks Jerry!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]