FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up LCD TV with iMac system

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
erik Seel
Setting up LCD TV with iMac system
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:46:42 pm

I am currently using an Intel imac for my video editing. I have it connected via firewire to a Sony DSR-20 Deck. From the deck, I use the S-Video out into my JVC Professional 13 inch monitor. I want to keep the monitor for color correction purposes but I would like to add an LCDtv to the system so the client could view the piece as we edit? How would I set this up? Thanks in advance for any help?

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Setting up LCD TV with iMac system
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:52:34 pm

It' a lot easier with a Mac Pro for what it's worth..

Does your iMac have a second monitor option? if so, what connector does it have? MXO might be just the ticket.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Raymond Tuquero
Re: Setting up LCD TV with iMac system
on Nov 25, 2009 at 5:36:55 pm

The Matrox is awesome .... but if you are on a budget.

You can try this:

NOW I have a Sony M15U HDV Deck ... and on that deck I can send the Output via Composite. (I did this before we picked up an AJA LE Card for our system)

Try this ... if your deck can do it.

1st - Make sure the deck is on and connected via firewire.
2nd - IN FCP: go to View on the top toolbar and go to Refresh A/V Devices (or External Video > Refresh = FCP 7.0)
3rd - IN FCP: go back to View and make sure that ALL Frames is selected and that your Video Playback is through Firewire.
4th - Now on the deck: Maybe under settings or in the front ... it should say input select and you choose DV.

If all that is set ... move your Playhead / TCI (TimeCode Indicator for those of you) on your timeline and you should immediately see your picture on your LCD TV via Composite plug.

Now the quality isn't the greatest but that does the trick.

And of course the better route is the Matrox or AJA or Black Magic I/O Devices.

Good Luck.

-Raymond Tuquero-
Houston Based Freelancer
http://www.rtuqvidere.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]