FORUMS: list search recent posts

Warning: SUID file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
Warning: SUID file
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:21:25 pm

After some problems with updating SL and FCP 7 I did a clean install and while Verifying and Repairing Disk Permissions I received this warning on my system drive.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Last night I created a new FCP 7 project and digitized some DVCAM footage via FW and this morning when I attempt to launch the project it fails and will not launch the project file although I can launch the application and allow me to select the project and open it.

I'm currently doing a safe boot and verifying permission then will trash pref's. Any thoughts as to what the above warning means and why I'm having problems, all files are updated per Apples software update.

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Snow Leopard, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Warning: SUID file
on Nov 25, 2009 at 3:49:37 pm

Odd stuff... don't know what the message means, but try a new project file with that DV project, drag all from old to new, then close old.

See if that new one opens OK.

That said, I'd not worry about the message unless you see more weird stuff going on.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Michael Harrington
on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:00:53 pm

Thanks Jerry. The soft boot, verify disk permissions and trashing prefs fixed my FCP problems. I was surprised to see FCP 6.0 pref along with FCP 7.0 Prefs especially since I did a clean install. I let Apple pull my settings from my Laptop of which was updated Snow Leopard and FCP 7, is that where the FCP 6.0 Pref came from or does it get installed with FCP 7.0?

Michael Harrington
Mac Pro, Dual Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.66 GHz, 12 GB, FCP7, Snow Leopard, ATI Radeon HD 4870, 30-inch Cine Display, 4 - 1TB internal, 1.25TB Esata, Numerous FW 800 external drives, MX02Max, FSI 17" Broadcast Monitor, Mackie 1402 & Event 20/20 monitors.

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Nov 25, 2009 at 8:06:29 pm

I let Apple pull my settings from my Laptop...

Do you mean Apple, as in Apple Store?
Well, if you do, that's your problem right there.
I wouldn't recomend taking anything but in warranty hardware problems to Apple.
A lot of these Apple Store Genius Bar (lmao) guys worked at Abercrombie and Fitch last week, and Best Buy the week before that. These guys may know a lot about iPod's, and occasional there may be a hacker in the crowd, but I have yet to run into any FCP Genius types at Apple stores.

Or

I let Apple pull my settings from my Laptop of which was updated Snow Leopard and FCP 7, is that where the FCP 6.0 Pref came from or does it get installed with FCP 7.0?

Do you mean networking your machines together?
By settings do you mean Pro Apps Preference files?
Why would you want to copy those from an old system?
FCP, Motion etc. preferences aren't that hard to set, I would start fresh.
This is why when you posted about all the KP's you were having everyone said to do a clean install, preferably on a new HD.
When people are talking about a "Clean Install" that is what they meant.
Clean, as in nothing else on the drive, as in new or freshly formatted.
You said your LT was 'Updated' so that means not a clean install.
Do you not get that pulling stuff from a LT that had an update (bad idea) and moving that to your system defeats the whole purpose of the clean install? Preferences from the LT are corrupt, so now lets move them to another machine.

Format the drive. Install the OS. Then install Pro Apps. Then due an update. Then re-install your plugins. Download any new drivers you may need. Then you can copy your other apps and data from your backup drive to your system.
Do Not Copy Preferences From A Machine that Didn't Have A Clean Install!
This may not be as easy as just updating, but if you want easy, you may want to look at Final Cut Express.

SL came out in August. You could have saved yourself a lot of grief if you would either search topics like FCS3 or Snow Leopard, or just read the posts from August 29th thru September 20th or so. There is a ton of info on this subject, and the correct steps, and horror stories from those that decided to take shortcuts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]